T.G.I.F.- The Grind Workout #004
The Grind Includes Friday- Get Moving!
The Grind Workout #004
2 X 45 Seconds each exercise. Rest 10 seconds in between each 45 seconds.
- 2 medium weight dumbbells.
- Stability ball.
- Dumbbells-Cans of beans. Water bottles full of water or sand.
- Stability ball-Beach ball. Ottoman on wheels, or a kids chair/car with wheels. Place your feet on the seat of it.
2 X 45 Sec Weighted Burpee with push-up
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, holding your weights at your side.
- Bend at your hips and knees to lower yourself to a squat position.
- Place the dumbbells on the ground.
- Kick your feet back so you are in a plank position. Complete a push-up. Kick your feet back in
- Stand tall while reaching your dumbbells up and over your head.
2 X 45 Sec Lunges at a deficit
- Place instep of one foot on a box behind you. Back knee should be at 90-degrees and your supporting leg should be completely straight.
- Engage your core and lunge straight down towards the floor as low as you can.
- Keep back straight and do not let your front knee overextend your front toes.
2 X 45 Sec Squat and Press
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Hold weights at your shoulders with the palms facing outward. Keep your chest and shoulder up.
- Sit back in a into a squat position keeping the weights at your shoulders.
- Come out of the squat as you reach your weights up and over the top of your head.
- Keep your hips back to protect your knees.
2 X 45 Sec Tricep Kickbacks
- Hold dumbbells in each hand with palms facing each other, keep your knees slightly bent.
- Engage your core and keep your shoulders back to give a straight spine as you hinge forward at the waist.
- Keep your arms close to your body, engage your triceps by straightening your elbows. Only move your forearms, do not bend your wrists.
- Squeeze your triceps and pause for a second, then returning to the starting position.
2 X 45 Sec Hamstrings on the stability ball
- Lie on your back, placing your hands palm down at your side.
- Place the backs of your lower legs and heels on top of the ball. Make sure your feet are shoulder width apart keeping your toes pointing the ceiling.
- Keep your heels down in the ball to stabilize it, lift your hips and glutes off the ground. Rock your hips and knees up and in towards your chest.
- Extend your legs back out, keeping your glutes off the ground. Repeat.
2 X 45 Sec Bicycle abs
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground. put your hands behind your head to support your neck, making sure you are not pulling on your neck.
- Bring your knees towards your chest as you lift your shoulder blades off the ground.
- Cross opposite elbow to opposite knee and squeeze your lower abdominal.