Body First offers a variety of yoga classes.
Yoga For Lunch
This class is designed for those who have limited flexibility, seniors, participants recovering from injury, and anyone looking for gentle, mindful stretching, and movement class. We will combine mellow yoga poses, stretching, use of props, and offer modifications including chair yoga. All levels are welcome. NO YOGA EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
New to yoga?
Body First would love to help you on your journey. Though beginner yoga dvds or even you tube videos can be a good place to start, it’s hard to beat the interaction you get by going to a yoga class. Don’t worry if you can’t touch your toes or know the name of the poses, we all begin somewhere. To get the most of the your first yoga experience we recommend:
- Give your self a pat on the back. Trying something new can be scary making it to the mat the first time is already a big accomplishment.
- Wear comfortable clothes you can move around in. Take those socks off to allow for better grip on the mat.
- Unplug. Please leave electronics in Do not disturb mode, in your bag, or in the locker.
- Come a few minutes early to get set up and introduce yourself to the yoga instructor. Let your yoga instructor know if you are new to yoga, if you have any injuries, limitations, or areas you need to work on.
- Listen to your body and don’t force your body into anything that feels unnatural.
- Remember yoga is a journey not a destination or a competition.
- Afterwards Thank yourself. Taking time for yourself is important.
- Try yoga more than once. There a numerous varieties of yoga, styles of teaching, and yoga experiences. Often it will take a several times to find the yoga class that is right for you.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact us at 785 587 8300