The Grind Includes Friday- The perfect full-body workout to end your week. If you are searching for a creative at-home workout, this one’s for you.
The Grind Workout #001
3 ROUNDS 40 SECONDS WORK/10 SECONDS REST
- Slam Ball or Med ball
- Kettlebell (Dumbbell can be substituted)
- mat (optional)
- Starting with the ball on the ground in front of you.
- Bend at the knees keeping the back nice and straight.
- Lift with the quadriceps.
- Reach the ball overhead and throw as hard as you can down in front of you.
No Slam Ball- No worries substitute Burpees instead Med Ball Slams
Wall sit with bicep curls
- Put your back straight against the wall, standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Do not let your knees overextend your toes.
- Start with your palms face up. While curling the weight, keep your elbows locked at your side.
- Standing nice and tall, with your shoulder up, back straight.
- Hinge at your hip, reaching the dumbbell towards the top of the same leg shoelaces.
Kettlebell Swings (squat style)
- Start with your feet a touch wider than shoulder-width apart, start with the weight down, and in a squat position.
- Keeping your chest up, looking up, swing the weight up as you come up.
- Making sure not to swing higher than the base of your ear lobes.
- Swing back down as you bring the weight back down into that squat position.
- Keeping momentum throughout the exercise.
Walking plank with a push-up
- Start in a plank position.
- Stack your shoulders across the tops of your hands.
- Complete a push- up. Then move to your elbows in the plank position.
- Try not to rock your hips as you move to your elbows.
- Return to Plank positions and complete another push-up.
3 Crunches then reach
- Lying on your back with your legs in the air at a 90-degree position.
- Complete three crunches with your hands lightly behind your head to support your neck.
- Maintain a neutral spine position
- Reach your legs out towards the floor, at the same time reaching both hands overhead.
About The Author: Kimmie Beneke