T.G.I.F.- The Grind Workout #002
The Grind Includes Friday- This workout utilizes a High-Intensity Interval Training (H.I.I.T.) format. H.I.I.T. is a great way to get your heart pumping and you only have to worry about time no counting reps involved.
The Grind Workout #002
3-5 H.I.I.T. Rounds, rest between rounds; H.I.I.T.: 40s WORK; 10s REST
- Medium- weight dumbbells. (a weight you are comfortable lifting over your head
- Box, or step.
- Stability ball.
- Dumbbells: Cans of beans, a full water bottle.
- Step up: You can use steps in your house as a step up. Or a bench or ottoman.
- Stability ball-(For dead bugs)- A beach ball. Basketball. For superman’s- you can just use the ground if you do not have a stability ball.
Clean and Press with Deadlift
- Standing tall, with your shoulders up, legs about shoulder-width apart.
- Palms start facing you, do an upright row, and you go into a squat, flip your weights, so your palms face outward. Then push your weight overhead as you come out of your squat.
- Try to avoid jerking work on fluidity.
Box step-up with weights (alternating feet
- Start with your weights at your side, standing in front of the box.
- Step up with the right quad onto the box. Making sure your entire foot in on the center of the box.
- Bring your left foot up on the box to meet the right. Step back down with the right foot.
- Then repeat using the left.
- Use a chair or bench, position your hands, so your palms face behind you, and your legs are bent to a 90-degree angle with your feet flat on the floor.
- Slowly dip your entire body straight down towards the floor, making sure not to let your body touch the bench at any time.
Standing bicep curls
- Stand tall with your shoulders up, start with the weights at your side with your palms facing up.
- Keep your elbows locked at your side curl the weights up to the top of your shoulder.
Dead bug with stability ball
- Lay on your back on the ground, pass the ball back and forth between your hands and your feet.
- Keep your arms and legs straight as possible as you move the ball between your hands and feet
- Extend your arms out as well as your legs at the same time.
- Make sure neither your feet or hands touch the ground as you reach.
Superman on stability ball
- Position your stomach on the center of the ball in a comfortable position; toes are positioned on the ground.
- Reach your arms overhead and start looking towards the ground with relaxed shoulders.
- Slowly raise your arms, head, and shoulders, as you squeeze your low back.
- Then release everything back down as you let your muscles relax.