T.G.I.F.- The Grind Workout #003
The Grind Includes Friday- Double Time!
This Friday we are doing two sets of the same exercise in a row, This is an excellent opportunity to push yourself a little harder since you can rest more during your rests instead of worrying about going straight to a new exercise each time.
The Grind Workout #003
1-2 Rounds, 60s WORK; 10s REST
Equipment Needed: B.O.S.U. One heavy dumbbell. A set of medium-weight dumbbells.
- B.O.S.U.– Couch cushion. Pillow.
- Dumbbells- Cans of beans. Water bottles full of water or sand.
2 X 60 sec Bosu burpee with 4 mountain climbers
- Place the ball side of the B.O.S.U. on the ground, then jump or walk your legs back to a plank position.
- Hold onto the sides of the B.O.S.U., jump or walk back in towards the B.O.S.U.
- Stand up, reaching the B.O.S.U. up and overhead.
1 X 60-sec Lawnmower rows on box (right)
1 X 60-sec Lawnmower rows on box (left)
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand, while supporting yourself on a bench with another.
- Bend the knee on the bench and support your other leg on the ground making sure it is a touch wider than the hips.
- Keep your back straight and parallel to the bench. Pull the dumbbell towards your torso and elbow straight towards the ceiling.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades as you come back. Lower the weight back to the starting position.
2 X 60 sec 3 squat pulses to an overhead press
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart, keep your shoulders and chest up.
- Start with the weight above your waist in a squat position.
- Pulse the squat for three reps and move the weight up and over your head as you come out of the squat.
1 X 60-sec Reverse stationary lunges (right)
1 X 60-sec Reverse stationary lunges (left)
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step backward with your right foot and drive that right knee straight down towards the floor.
- Keep your hips and shoulders straight forward. Bend both knees to create two 90-degree angles with your legs.
- Step back to the starting position with that right leg. Repeat on the left side.
2 X 60-sec Supine Chest press on the ground
- Lie on the ground, facing upwards. Plant your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold two dumbbells with your palms facing forward.
- Lower the weights straight down towards the ground across your chest line
- Keep your elbows straight across the tops of your shoulders. Press upwards and repeat.
2 X 60-sec Russian Twists
- Sit on your sit bones as you lift your feet from the floor, keeping your knees bent.
- Straighten your spine to a 45-degree angle from the floor, creating a V shape with your torso and thighs.
- Holding a ball or weight if desired, twist your abdominals to the right, then to the left, and back to the center.
About The Author: Kimmie Beneke
Since 2005 Kimmie has been providing professional fitness training and instruction. In the Spring of 2015, she brought her expertise to the Body First Fitness Team. She loves working with a variety of clients. From teenagers to 80-year-olds, from couch potatoes to the experienced athletes, from the self-motivated to those that need a cheerleader, Kimmie finds joy in working with them all.
T.G.I.F.; The Grind . is one of Kimmie’s favorite classes to teach.
More posts by Kimmie Beneke