T.G.I.F.- The Grind Workout #003
The Grind Includes Friday- Double Time!
This Friday we are doing two sets of the same exercise in a row, This is an excellent opportunity to push yourself a little harder since you can rest more during your rests instead of worrying about going straight to a new exercise each time.
The Grind Workout #003
1-2 Rounds, 60s WORK; 10s REST
Equipment Needed: B.O.S.U. One heavy dumbbell. A set of medium-weight dumbbells.
- B.O.S.U.– Couch cushion. Pillow.
- Dumbbells- Cans of beans. Water bottles full of water or sand.
2 X 60 sec Bosu burpee with 4 mountain climbers
- Place the ball side of the B.O.S.U. on the ground, then jump or walk your legs back to a plank position.
- Hold onto the sides of the B.O.S.U., jump or walk back in towards the B.O.S.U.
- Stand up, reaching the B.O.S.U. up and overhead.
1 X 60-sec Lawnmower rows on box (right)
1 X 60-sec Lawnmower rows on box (left)
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand, while supporting yourself on a bench with another.
- Bend the knee on the bench and support your other leg on the ground making sure it is a touch wider than the hips.
- Keep your back straight and parallel to the bench. Pull the dumbbell towards your torso and elbow straight towards the ceiling.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades as you come back. Lower the weight back to the starting position.
2 X 60 sec 3 squat pulses to an overhead press
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart, keep your shoulders and chest up.
- Start with the weight above your waist in a squat position.
- Pulse the squat for three reps and move the weight up and over your head as you come out of the squat.
1 X 60-sec Reverse stationary lunges (right)
1 X 60-sec Reverse stationary lunges (left)
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step backward with your right foot and drive that right knee straight down towards the floor.
- Keep your hips and shoulders straight forward. Bend both knees to create two 90-degree angles with your legs.
- Step back to the starting position with that right leg. Repeat on the left side.
2 X 60-sec Supine Chest press on the ground
- Lie on the ground, facing upwards. Plant your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold two dumbbells with your palms facing forward.
- Lower the weights straight down towards the ground across your chest line
- Keep your elbows straight across the tops of your shoulders. Press upwards and repeat.
2 X 60-sec Russian Twists
- Sit on your sit bones as you lift your feet from the floor, keeping your knees bent.
- Straighten your spine to a 45-degree angle from the floor, creating a V shape with your torso and thighs.
- Holding a ball or weight if desired, twist your abdominals to the right, then to the left, and back to the center.