MAY 16 2021 UPDATE MASK PROTOCOLS AT BODY FIRST
As you may be aware the mask mandate for the City of Manhattan and Riley County is set to expire on May 16th.
The wellness, health, and safety of our staff, clients, and members have been our highest priority over the past year and continues to be so. Many of you who walk through our doors are at higher risk. Our patrons include those that may be immunosuppressed, are at higher risk for complications, have loved ones they are wishing to protect from COVID-19, or have been unable to be vaccinated yet. In order to protect those that are more vulnerable, we will continue to require our patrons to continue to take precautions and there will be times when you will be asked to wear a mask.
The Body First Facility
We ask all vaccinated individuals to show support and kindness to our clients that have not yet been able to be vaccinated and continue to wear masks in the facility.
Check-in: All patrons will still be required to check-in at the entry. Patrons wishing not to follow our facility protocols (including wearing masks when required) will be asked to conduct business via email or phone.
Masks: We ask all vaccinated individuals to show support and kindness to our clients that have not yet been able to be vaccinated and continue to wear masks in the facility.
- Masks will be required in all common areas, waiting rooms, hallways, locker rooms, and massage therapy treatment rooms.
- Masks are strongly encouraged
- When you are not physically exerting yourself in workout areas, fitness classrooms, and indoor tennis courts
- If you have not yet received the COVID-19 vaccine masks are recommended at all times.
Masks: Masks will be required in treatment rooms, hallways, and waiting areas.
Note: If you do not wish to wear a mask, we ask you to reschedule your appointment with 24 hours notice so we can properly fill your spot. Failure to cancel your appointment with 24 hours notice will incur a full charge for your appointment.
- Trainers and clients will continue to follow weight room and fitness area protocols.
Group Fitness Classes: Class sizes will be limited and members are encouraged to sign up online at www.bodyfirst.com/groupx to reserve their spot.
- Zumba: Zumba will be held in the Multi-purpose classroom.
- A.B. Fit and Morning Muscle will continue to be held on indoor tennis court one or in outdoor areas.
Effective June 1st members may bring a guest to F.A.B. Fit or Morning Muscle
Book-a-spot: We will be continuing the popular option to reserve a workout time for the weight room and lower cardio area. This has not only helped ensure our members’ workout times but also helps limit crowding in the weight room.
Upper Cardio Area: Book-a-spot will no longer be required for the upper cardio area.
Effective June 1st members will be allowed to bring a guest to work out together in the upper cardio area.
Social Distancing: We suggest that you are aware of your surroundings and try to help us maintain 6 feet of spacing from others. Our weight room is small so be aware of the people around you.
Cleaning: Practice good gym etiquette and wipe down the equipment with the provided disinfectant cleaner after use to combat all communicable diseases including staph.
Court Reservations: Only members will be allowed to reserve court times. Nonmembers may play with members and are required to follow all facility policies and rules.
- Parents wishing to observe tennis lessons will be asked to sit courtside and wear a mask.
For your wellness
- Body First Staff will continue to wear a mask when in public areas and when working with patrons.
- Staff vaccinations- Body First is near 100% of all staff fully vaccinated.
- Hand sanitizers and disinfectant cleaning suppliers are available throughout the facility.
We appreciate your continued support.
Last update May 16, 2021