As Body First re-opens Body First, we have updated many of our operating procedures and policies to reflect the changes we have made in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
CHANGES TO APPOINTMENT AND SCHEDULING PROTOCOLS
When you arrive at your appointment
- We ask that you please remain in your vehicle and notify us of your arrival by calling Body First at 785 587 8300 so we can be sure to have someone at the front entry to meet you. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment
- Upon entry, wear a mask and use hand sanitizer and wait in the entryway (or outside if there are other people) until a designated Body First staff member greets you and takes you through our screening process.
- **NOTE** You must wear a mask to enter the building. Please bring your own mask with you. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one.
- Please do not immediately go to the front desk, out to the tennis courts, or workout areas.
- Please Social Distance and do not loiter in the lobby.
- Come to your appointment alone. Limiting the number of people who enter our building helps us stop the spread of the virus.
- Only one parent or caregiver can come with a patient to an appointment. Everyone else, including siblings of any age, may not come along.
- Minors 14 and under and special needs clients: – Please inform Body First if the minor child is under age 15 so we can make accommodations for the parent/guardian to accompany the child.
- Minors 15 and Up: For minors, only one parent can come to the appointment and are asked to stay in their vehicle during the appointment.
- You will be asked to wear a cloth face covering or mask while in all common areas, including the Lobby, Reception areas, etc. Lockers will be closed through at least June 15th.
During your massage appointment
- Your therapist will wear a cloth face covering or mask.
- You will be asked to wear a mask lying while face up.
During your private personal training session
- Your personal training session may be located in a space that allows for additional social distancing
- Your trainer will wear a cloth face covering or mask.
- You are asked to wear a cloth face covering or mask prior to your session and immediately after. While you are physically exerting yourself, aka working out, warming up, or cooling down on a cardio machine, you will not be asked to wear a mask.
- You will practice social distancing.
During your tennis lesson
- Your instructor will wear a cloth face covering or mask.
- You are asked to wear a cloth face covering or mask except during your lesson or while you are warming up or cooling down on a cardio machine.
- You will practice social distancing.
NEW-SCREENING AT ENTRY
In order to enter the building all Staff, Clients, and Members will go through our screening process. This process includes
- a temperature check
- screening questions
- Assumption of the risk and waiver of liability for COVID-19
- Code of Conduct
- hand sanitizing station
- extra masks in case you forgot one
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19- update 5/30/2020
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to The virus that causes COVID-19 is spreading from person-to-person. People are thought to be most contagious when they are symptomatic (the sickest). (1). As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing, wearing a mask, and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Body First (“Body First”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Body First LLC cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren)will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, visiting Body First Wellness and Recreation Center; receiving Body First services, including but not limited to massage therapy, personal training, and tennis lessons; or utilizing the Body First Fitness areas and equipment could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By agreeing, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I or my child(ren) may be exposed too.
Client, Member and Patron Code of Conduct- Addendum 5/30/2020
As a Body First Member or Client I agree to the following during the current COVID-19 Pandemic:
- I will wear a cloth facemask that covers my nose and mouth while I am in the common areas at Body First and will only remove it while I am physically exerting myself.
- I agree that prior to using the cardio, weight or other equipment I will clean the equipment before and after each use.
- I agree to wash my hands per posted CDC guidelines or use hand sanitizer before and after I work out or I before I receive a Body First service.
- I agree to follow social distancing to the best of my ability.
- I agree to follow all Body First Policies found at https://bodyfirst.com/policies/
PROTOCOL IF SOMEONE ASSOCIATED WITH BODY FIRST IS INFECTED WITH COVID-19
If the currently infected person is a client, patient, patron, or guest:
- Body First will comply with contact tracing efforts, working with the Riley County health department and other entities as needed.
- The Body First staff members who worked with the client, patient, patron, or guest will get tested for the virus (if possible), and must go into self-quarantine for 14 days following close contact with that client.
- All other clients of that massage practitioner who have had close contact with them in the meantime must be notified that they may have been exposed. (Public health statements recommend that they also go into self-quarantine for 14 days after their exposure, but that is not within the purview of Body FIrst.)