Massage Therapist interested in working with athletes
Be part of the nationally recognized Sports Massage Program
- Provide professional therapeutic massage to a variety of clients including working with athletes (ranging from weekend warriors to collegiate athletes to professionals).
- Utilize knowledge, modalities, and techniques as related to athletes for muscle injury treatment, regular maintenance and sports massage for post-competition recover.
- Maintaining Body First standards of Excellence including following a code of ethics and adhering to NCAA compliance regulations.
- Opportunity to travel with D-1 collegiate sports teams.
- Licensure and/or Certification in Massage Therapy from an accredited program
- 2+ Years Massage Therapy experience (or related field i.e. Athletic training, PTA, PT)
- Working in-depth knowledge of the human body
Full and Part time positions available
- Evening and weekend availibity (student athletes generally have practice and/or classes during “banker hours”)
- Ability to travel- i.e. travel with collegiate teams to provide massage therapy services to athletes before, during, and after a competition. Typically gone 2-4 days.
About Body First Sports Massage
Attracts top-notch coaches and athlete as clientele including:
- 1000+ Kansas State Athletes:(Track and Field, Football, Volleyball, Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, Tennis, Golf, and Rowing )
- 20+ Olympians: 5 Individuals/ 4 times, 2 silver medalists, 1 Bronze medalist
Body First has been the Massage Therapy Provider to Kansas State Track and Field for competition since 2000 including:
- Olympic Trials, US Track and Field National Championships, NCAA Track and Field Championships, NCAA Regional Championships, Big 12 Championships, and more
Compensation and Benefits
- Employee position with base wage plus commission (based on education and experience)
- All massage supplies provided (table, linens, lotions, etc)
- In-House continuing education
- Complimentary Gym Membership and more
- Opportunities for advancement